Bingo Strategies Exist and You’re About to Find Out Everything Right Here!
Bingo has gained widespread popularity in recent years, with the advent of online bingo. The game is a smash-hit sensation in the United Kingdom, and its popularity has a rapidly spread throughout Europe, North America and beyond. Traditionally, the game was enjoyed at bingo halls on Sundays across the UK and the US, but times they are a changing and bingo has evolved into the most immersive social game. Online bingo sites are dishing out prizes left, right and centre as ever-increasing numbers of players sign up to enjoy this dynamic game. So prolific is the interest in the game that winners are crowned every second.
This begs the question: Is there any way to effectively increase your winning chances when playing bingo online or at a traditional bingo hall?
One of the best exponents of bingo strategy is none other than Joseph Granville. His is a name that has come to be associated with the strategy behind bingo gaming. As a mathematician, Granville understood the number crunching methodology inherent in bingo. And while it is common sense that a random lottery-style game will generate random results, there are some interesting points to be made in this regard. For example: If you’re playing a game of 75 ball bingo, the odds of any number between 1 and 75 coming up are 0.013%. However, after a number has been drawn the odds change every time. This is because there are a limited number of bingo balls that we are dealing with. Much the same is true with games like 80 ball bingo where the odds of the first number being drawn are 0.0125% and 90 ball bingo where the odds are 0.011% of the first number being drawn. But what does all of this mean? How can we as bingo players put this statistical analysis to the test and apply it correctly?
First of all, it’s important to understand there are trends and patterns that will emerge while you’re playing a game of bingo. Given that it is a random game, the likelihood of odd and even numbers coming up is the same, and in much the same way the mix of high numbers and low numbers has an equal likelihood of occurring. Numbers that end in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 have an equal likelihood of coming up. So if everything is completely random, and there is nothing to determine what number will come up next, we need to move on to the next component of the game of bingo which is the bingo cards. This is where strategy comes into play. Typically, land-based bingo players will be able to choose the bingo cards that they want to play. If we know that we have no control over the numbers that are called, we certainly have a greater degree of control over the bingo cards that we choose to play with. That’s why it’s imperative that we choose bingo cards with as much variation in them as possible. Bingo cards that have multiple number possibilities with the same final digit are not a good idea to pick because the likelihood of bingo balls coming up which end in the same digits are so much lower. Therefore, the most important thing that you can do is a bingo player is to choose bingo cards with a greater spread of numbers. This is true of land-based bingo halls and online bingo rooms alike. You may wish to purchase a greater selection of bingo cards since this will make it easier for you to match up called numbers with your own selection.
A few words on bingo cards:
- Check the cost of the card versus the payouts that you’re likely to receive if your numbers come through. Too many players pay scant attention to the cost of bingo cards, and to their own detriment. You don’t want to be playing too few cards to limit your chances of winning, but you also don’t want to be playing too many cards to negate the effect of winning. Cards cost money, and sometimes you may be paying too much so that the risk/reward ratio does not work in your favour.
- Cheap bingo cards and bingo games with small jackpots may be fun to play, but if winning big is your priority, you may wish to look elsewhere. The supply/demand model indicates that the cheaper the bingo cards are; the more people will be playing those bingo games. Using basic economics, we can safely assume that most people will be playing inexpensive bingo games and fewer people will be playing high-priced bingo games. If you’re looking for big paydays, why not try out a few higher-priced bingo games? Your competition will be less and the prize money will be greater – the perfect combination.
- BOGOF bingo games are lots of fun because you buy one and you get one free. Take a look around at different online bingo rooms and see which ones are likely to offer you free bingo cards when you purchase bingo cards. The more cards you have at your disposal, the greater your chances of winning 1 line, 2 lines or a full house when playing 90 ball bingo, or hitting the right symbols, letters or combinations in other variants of the game.
- Your odds of winning are also dependent on how many bingo cards are currently in play in a game. Let us assume that there are 100 bingo cards being played and you have 10 cards. It is pretty easy to calculate your odds of winning: 10÷100 = 10%. But how do you know how many bingo cards are currently in play during a game? Is it possible to even have that knowledge available? To be fair, you will likely end up with an estimate of how many cards are in play and that will give you your percentage probability of winning the bingo jackpot. If you see that there are 40 people in the room and you estimate that each player has between 2 & 3 cards apiece, you get to your figure of 100 bingo cards in play. Where it gets confusing – virtually impossible to tell – is when you’re playing progressive jackpot bingo. Remember that progressive jackpot games take place across multiple bingo halls – land-based and online – and you will not know how many players are participating. Now, if every bingo game would result in a winner, we know for sure what your odds of winning are. This is not the case however. With progressive jackpot bingo games, there are a preset number of calls that are made and if a winner is not announced within that preset number of calls, it may roll over to the next game. Bingo players in progressive jackpot games are typically required to form patterns, symbols or weird shapes on their bingo cards and sometimes rollovers can take months to result in winners.
Number-crunching Methodology in Games of Bingo
As stated previously, it is virtually impossible to predict which ball is going to come up next, suffice it to say that with each successive call, the odds of any ball appearing grow greater and greater. In other words, if you are waiting for number 15 to come up and it is the first ball of the game, the odds are 1 in 75, but if there are only three balls remaining, the odds are 1 in 3. The ever-changing nature of odds and probabilities in games like bingo must be borne in mind because it presents a dynamic mathematical model that must be carefully evaluated with each successive call. Be cautious about all those old wives’ tales about bingo. There is no rule that states that any particular bingo ball is going to come up every single time. It is a chance-based game where anything is possible. This leads us to the same old dilemma once again: how can you increase your bingo odds?
Fortunately, there are ways and means for you to put yourself into an advantageous position by doing the following:
- Don’t play bingo when everyone else is playing bingo – that simply makes no sense. If your goal is to socialize and have fun with as many other players as possible and winning is not something that you’re interested in – do it. However, if you want to increase your chances of winning, don’t play bingo when everyone else is playing bingo. It’s a numbers game after all. If you are wondering what times everyone typically plays bingo, contact the customer support at your chosen online bingo room and ask them. They will tell you when traffic volumes are highest and those are the times that you should avoid playing the game. If that information is not available to you, use common sense. Most people will typically play when they are not working and with working hours between 8 AM and 6 PM (give or take) we can safely assume that on a typical weekday busy times will be between 7 PM and 10 PM. On weekends, it’s anybody’s guess, but that’s easily solved too. You may find that playing bingo after midnight, or at 3 o’clock in the morning works to your advantage – it’s certainly worth a try.
- Gaming times aside, the best thing that you can do is control how many bingo cards you play. We already know that the more cards you are playing the greater your chances of winning. So why not put this theory to the test in a low-cost bingo game and purchase as many tickets as you can manage within your budget and see how you go. If we go back to our example of 100 bingo cards in play and you happen to have 30 of them, your chances of winning are theoretically 30%. If the average player has 3 cards, you have 10 times more chance of winning as the guy or girl next to you. But remember, there may be strict limits on the maximum number of bingo cards that you can play in a particular game. The rule is simple: never play more cards than you can afford or manage.
- You may also wish to see if you can hold your cards over for the next bingo game. This is not always possible, but if you have an unused card that was paid for, you may wish to use it. In land-based bingo halls, cards are typically manually daubed. This means that you use an ink stamp or marker to highlight numbers that have been called. If you are familiar with your bingo cards, it will be much easier for you to associate called numbers with numbers on your bingo cards. That gives you an edge in the game!
- There are several other components to playing bingo that will always work well in your favour, alertness being one of them. Consider for example the impact of playing bingo while you are sedated, intoxicated, tired, buzzing, distracted or otherwise engaged. It is clear that any game that requires mental alertness necessitates a cool and calm demeanour. Therefore, you will want to have all your faculties about you when you’re playing games of bingo.
- Never fall victim to scam artists who promise you the ultimate bingo guide to success. There are no guarantees in games of chance. Anyone who tells you that number 44 or number 32 or number 17 comes up more frequently than any other number during bingo gaming sessions is misrepresenting reality. Random number generators are responsible for each and every bingo call that is made. This means that the outcomes are unknown, or only statistical probabilities are known. There is no number that comes up most often because the law of averages will tell you that any number can come up at any time. A good rule of thumb is to choose bingo cards that are different from one another. You don’t want to be playing the same bingo cards and paying for them too.
What factors reduce your winning chances when playing bingo?
- If you select identical numbers or combinations thereof in your bingo cards, you’re merely limiting your likelihood of winning. Variety is key.
- When playing bingo games don’t burn through your entire bankroll in a single session. Money management is key in bingo, and despite the game being relatively cheap to play, you can often get ahead of yourself by purchasing too many cards without taking other factors into consideration such as the number of players or the size of the jackpot prize.
- Not following any of the advice listed above will reduce your chances of winning when you play bingo online or at a land-based bingo hall.
- If you give up on bingo games that offer you the chance to win with 1 to go (1TG) or 2 to go (2TG), you’re throwing away a very real possibility of winning games of bingo. Look for bingo rooms that offer you these options since you can win prizes even if you don’t complete entire patterns or selections.
- Playing the minimum number of cards will certainly reduce your chances of winning because your cards are your lifeline to success in games of bingo.
- Try retaining bingo cards from session to session, if possible. You already have the advantage of familiarity with the numbers contained in those cards.